Zillow Rental Resource Center is where property managers come reference and download up-to-date rental tips, forms, webinars and other relevant content.
• Provide property managers with a content rich resource that is easy to navigate and discover
• Create approachable and visually pleasing content
• Increase awareness about Zillow's rental management tools and services
I was brought on to the Zillow design team to help update the visual brand and introduce better visual hierarchy on its content heavy website. The company, as a whole, was at a point where they were ready to prioritize visual style and brand awareness. The Marketing team had done extensive research on Zillow's brand awareness and found a large percentage of the US population didn't know what Zillow was. I worked closely with the User Experience and Marketing teams to create a brand style that aligned with Zillow's core values and end goals.
The Homepage was one of the first projects where this new look was rolled out. The homepage rollout was in tandem with a targeted advertising effort (radio and tv ads) in select markets across the US. As a key player, and the only designer, on this project I was responsible for the design—from conception to completion. This process included brainstorming, wireframes, prototypes, user testing, high fidelity mocks and final assets for launch.
We landed quickly on a homepage direction that showcased a large photo, but there were many iterations on how to handle the user experience of the search bar and filter. I've included some of that process below.
• Increase brand awareness and user engagement
• Update visual design of the homepage while maintaining baseline user engagement
• Make homepage responsive
• Create an approachable, trustworthy, visually pleasing brand image
• Create more awareness of Zillow's offerings
Passenger One was working on the second iteration of their Travel Manager tool. I worked closely with the Founders and Developers to design an intuitive product for travel policy management.
• Create an easy to use tool for end user
• Update visual language and UX of current Travel Manager tool to match the rest of the site.
• Create an approachable and visually pleasing brand image
Petco was launching a line of stylish furnishings and accessories for pets and their owners who value modern design. It was important that the identity and packaging had a sophisticated, modern edge and the ability to easily scale as new products were introduced.
• Create a brand identity that is friendly, modern and trustworthy
• Design a packaging system that can scale
• Set brand apart from competitors in the furniture space
Zillow Rental Manager was originally a separate product and brand (known as Postlets) within the Zillow umbrella, which fed rental listings to Zillow, Trulia, Hotpads and Craigslist. This tool allows Property Managers to easily list and manage their rental listings on top rental sites. The Zillow executive team decided it was time to merge the Rental Manager tool into Zillow and to sunset the Postlets brand. I worked closely with the Zillow Rentals and Postlets product teams to integrate this important Rental tool into the main Zillow site.
It was extremely important that we created a seamless migration experience for the existing users, as well as, creating something useful for Zillow users unaware of this product. We did this by carefully migrating over existing accounts and user log in information, redirecting users to Zillow site, keeping the product functionality the same and alerting users of the change through email campaigns and marketing efforts.
• Create a seamless experience for existing users (i.e. product and marketing)
• Design product to match Zillow's visual style
I've designed various products for Hyperlite over the years. I most recently designed and illustrated ski decks for Hyperlite's 2018 Women's line.
• Create fun designs that would appeal to pro riders and female customers
• Designs needed to be visible from a distance with prominent branding
Julep's brand was ready for a facelift. It was important that the brand speak to the growing Maven subscription audience and appeal to brands like Sephora and Nordstrom who Julep was working on partnering with. The desire was to have a fashionable, modern, playful look that represented trust and high quality products.
I worked closely with stakeholders to define Julep's core values, target audience and components of the brand system that would carry over. Due to time constraints and budget, the team decided to reskin the site with updated design colors, fonts and photography. Top nav, homepage and maven pages were the only sections of the site where the UX was rethought. I helped establish look-and-feel, voice, photography style, as well as offer UX suggestions.
• Update visual brand to better target Julep's core audience
• Rethink UX to allow for a more seamless user experience
• Design a site that increases engagement and user satisfaction
• Work with new photographer to establish new photography style
It was time to update Nordstrom's Hosiery line to align with their fashion forward, luxury brand launch. The original packaging felt dated and wasn't appealing to the younger, more trendy audience that Nordstrom wanted to target. Hosiery was a huge accessory, and it was important for the packaging to feel fashion-centered, sexy and high-end. I was involved with all aspects of this project—concept designs, photo art direction including model casting, photo editing and production.
• Update packaging to reflect the current Nordstrom branding
• Design a look that appeals to a younger, fashion forward customer
• Create scaleable packaging design for future additions to hosiery line
Worked with Ashland Yoga Center (originally called Ashland Hot Yoga) to completely redesign the brand and create brand consistency across web, social media and within the studios. The brand was weak and needed a stronger vision and voice to set it apart from other studios in the area.
• Establish solid brand based on target audience. Visual (identity, color palette, imagery) and voice (content, and verbal style).
• Redesign website. Make it responsive, streamline UX and update look/feel.
• Establish marketing strategy. Create content to increase awareness and engagement.
Created flat icons for Windows Phone. This was a large scale icon project that needed to have clear imagery to represent actions. This icon initiative was later rolled out into the Xbox and Zune ecosystem—which I worked on as well.
• Flat design
• Icons needed to legible at small sizes.
• Keep line weight consistent
• Clearly illustrate themes and actions